Speed up your race inspection and make it consistent!
This Car Inspection Go/No-Go Gauge will help you improve your race by providing a consistent and quick way to inspect each car.
This unique gauge design allows you to measure:
- Car Dimensions – If the car fits fully inside the gauge (with the door closed), then the car meets the standard dimensional limits of 3" max height, 2-3/4" max width, 7" max length, and 1-3/4" min wheel spacing. If rules allow a height greater than 3" then the height checker can be omitted.
- Underbody Clearance – If the bottom of the car clears the guide rail, then the car meets the minimum 3/8" underbody clearance. The transparent acrylic allows you to easily see any part of the car that will drag on the guide rail.
- Wheelbase – If your organization has restrictions on wheelbase, you can mark those limits on the transparent acrylic so you can visually verify whether or not the wheelbase restriction is met.
- Start Pin Compliance – Allows for checking the front of the car to make sure that no part of it will extend past the leading edge of the start pin or over it. This helps ensure a fair start for all cars.
- Other Checks – The sides of the gauge are transparent acrylic to allow you to visually check the wheels and/or other components for compliance with organization-specific regulations.
- Construction – Constructed of cabinet grade plywood and impact and scratch resistant acrylic. Your organization will be able to use this gauge for years to come.
*Car not included. Assembly required.